Monday, July 6, 2015

Reading Comprehension

Hubs and I are leaving for Zambia in 5 days!!! I can't believe it's almost here! In anticipation of not being around a computer for 2 weeks, I have been a busy bee making everything I think I might need for the beginning of the school year. 

 One of the major things we cover during the first grading period in reading is comprehension. We want our kiddos to be able to identify the characters, setting, problem and solution. We also want them to be able to make connections to what they are reading, and be able to retell the important events. With that in mind, I created some printables that would be great to use either in center activities or with small reading groups.



I also created these cute little posters to hang on the wall of our reading corner. I made one for characters (shown below), setting, problem, and solution. I also made posters for the different types of connections that readers can have (text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.)


So, what do you think? I will probably be adding more to the packet as time goes on, but for now there are 20 worksheets available, along with seven posters. If you would like to see more, please visit my TpT page for the full preview!
Thanks for reading--I'm off to write up our itinerary! AHH!



No comments:

Post a Comment